Monday 7 November 2011

It all starts with an idea ! And a partner

Having advertised for a committed partner on the web Eurion made all the right noises. We met for the first time at the SW Canoe show in Exeter . We got on well but there was a fair deal of sizing each other up. Could we get on over 2700 miles around the coast ? Could there be anyone more enthusiastic about this venture than me? Two strangers taking on such a mission could it work ? Did he think I was capable ? Did I think he was capable. I got a very positive feeling even before we paddled together but paddle together we must so we headed off to do an overnighter on the Devon Coast.

You cant fake enthusiasm or passion. We both had it for Sea kayaking and an around Britain Paddle we started making plans that very evening. I had found myself a partner !

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good start. May Poseidon smile on your endeavours. No hang on. Didn't he sink a ship in that film? Neptune then? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete